Vegan Snickerdoodle Bars
Soft, chewy and packed with cinnamon flavor. Vegan Snickerdoodle Bars are easy to make and sure to become your new favorite dessert!
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. flax meal + 2.5 tbsp. water)
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 8x8 square pan.
In a small bowl make your flax egg. Combine 1 tbsp. of flax meal with 2.5 tbsp. water stir together and set aside for five minutes to gel up.
In a medium sized bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon (just the cinnamon for your bars not the topping), salt and cream of tarter. Stir until incorporated together.
Once your flax egg has set for five minutes add your maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil to the bowl with your flax egg and mix until well incorporated.
Now add the wet ingredients to your dry and fold the mixture together. Mix until incorporated but only until incorporated. You do not want to over mix your batter.
Add your batter to your pan and spread evenly. The batter will be very thick. I used my hands to press it evenly into the pan.
Into a small bowl add your cinnamon and sugar for your topping and stir until well incorporated together. Sprinkle this mixture evenly on top of your bars.
Place into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and the top forms a crispy crust.
Once the bars have cooled cut them into 9 even squares.
- If you would like to make these refined sugar free you can substitute the sugar with coconut sugar in the topping ingredients.
- The batter will be thick I used my hands to make sure it was even in the pan before sprinkling the cinnamon sugar topping mixture.
- The coconut oil needs to be melted and can be replaced with melted vegan butter if needed.
Calories: 214kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 11gSodium: 84mgPotassium: 68mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg
Tag @feeninforgreens and use #feeninforgreens